Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rape Girl by Alina Klein

My rating 4 of 5 Stars

Wow, I mean wow! This is such a real life story. I cheered for Valerie, I teared up for her and in the end I found myself to be very proud. I strongly recommend Rape Girl for teens, parents of teens, and anyone who works with teens. This is a story of a teenage girl who experienced the unimaginable and found the courage to face it head on. It made me think of how many girls this happens to that do not come forward. I found myself angry at the system for failing the innocent and don't even get me started on the school principal in this story. A great, heartbreaking story. But, in the end Valerie finds the strength for both her and her mother to get back to some normalcy in their life. 

Thank you to NetGalley and Myrick Marketing & Media, LLC for the chance to read this amazing book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment